Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions have to exist in order to clarify any potential issues for both buyer and seller, however in a nutshell we will work as hard and quick as possible, using good old fashioned common sense, to resolve said issues. Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, the following Terms and Conditions are applicable to every order placed or accepted on this site with Stylish Homes. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
‘you‘ means the person who buys or agrees to buy Goods from Stylish Homes
‘we‘ ‘our’ ‘us’ means Stylish Homes
‘Goods‘ means the products you agree to buy from us.
‘days/day‘ means any working day except Saturday, Sunday and all Public and Bank holidays.
‘transport cost‘ this is £45 per collection/delivery £20 for orders under £200.
‘site‘ means this website
2. The Order for the Goods. Any order placed with us, by whatever medium will be regarded as an offer by you to buy the Goods from us. If your order is accepted you will be sent acknowledgment confirming the Goods ordered, the price and an order number, at that point a contract will exist between you and us.
3. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
4) All Goods supplied by us come with a warranty of at least 12 months against faults, please see WHAT WE DO NOT REGARD AS FAULTS
5) Photographs & information on our web-site are for illustrative purposes only and may not exactly match the product itself or its colour or the colour of any materials. Photographs or illustrations do not comprise any contractual warranty on our part and you should not rely on them as an exact representation of the products. All measurements shown on our website are approximate. Occasionally we make changes in the specification of the goods in the interest of quality and improvement. Please email ahead if a small change in size may deem the item unusable, we will double check the measurement for you. All dimensions specified by us are approximate.
6) Invalidity. If any of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of these Conditions will not be affected.
8) Entire Agreement. Nothing said/written by any of our staff on our behalf should be understood as a variation of these Terms and Conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any of the Goods offered for sale by us. Save for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, we shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
1) To cancel your contract please notify us in writing email@example.com
2) You have the right to cancel your contract up to the end of the 7th day from the date you received the Goods. You need not give a reason for cancelling your contract, but if the goods have been dispatched from our warehouse and are not faulty, (please see WHAT WE DO NOT REGARD AS FAULTS) you will be required to pay for transport costs. You can arrange your own courier, however we advise you to use our collection service to ensure items are received back with us in the same condition they were sent. Our collection charges are transport cost plus any de-assembly/dismantle costs. Upon collection our drivers will inspect the goods to ensure no damage has occurred whilst in your possession, you will then be asked to sign a collection form.
3) We may increase the price payable under the contract, having first given written notice to you. If a notice of price increase is given by us you have the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund.
4) If you cancel your contract during the cancellation period after you have received the goods you must not use them, please take good care of them and ensure you keep the original packaging so they can be returned to us in a saleable condition. Should the goods not be in a re-saleable condition, be used without our permission, we reserve the right to refuse a refund or deduct a fee.
Refunds. You will be credited via the method you made payment as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days. Any goods have to be returned to us before this is issued. We will not be obliged to offer any compensation whatsoever.
Cancellation by us. We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
1) We have insufficient stock to deliver the Goods you have ordered
2) We do not deliver in your area
3) One or more of the Goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price
4) If your funds fail to clear, or are later recalled.
Exchanges. If you wish to exchange non faulty (please see WHAT WE DO NOT REGARD AS FAULTS) goods for other goods then you will be responsible for transport cost and any de-assembly/dismantle cost. The goods must be in the same condition they were when delivered to you.
All our furniture is made from quality natural wood and accordingly appearances may vary. Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. Certain degrees of filler is used in making our oak furniture, this is common and very much part of the manufacturing process.Veneers. Within some of our oak ranges real oak veneer panels are used. This a 3-5mm thick slice of real oak glued to a composite board such as plywood amongst others. This is common in the construction of handcrafted oak furniture, contrary to popular believe veneer is not used to save money, it is recognized as a far better way to guarantee against movement/splits in wider expanses of surfaces on such items as dining table tops or backs of bookcases and wardrobes.
Timber certification. We only buy from manufacturers who buy wood from bone fide timber merchants. No certificates, no order, simples. We have copies of their suppliers certificates of sustainable timber supplies, these include, The Rainforest Alliance and The American Hardwood Export Council. We can supply copies on request. Our manufacturers buy their oak from America, which is known for coveting wood harvesting sustainability.
1) Mottling. ‘Mottling’ (or Medullary Rays, as it is officially known as), are the whitish marks in the grain in some oak furniture. Customers have asked about these marks in the past, the following is the explanation on Wikipedia ‘In addition to the grain, quarter sawn wood (particularly oak) will also often display a pattern of medullary rays, seen as subtle wavy ribbon-like patterns across the straight grain. Medullary rays grow in a radial fashion in the living tree, so while flat-sawing would cut across the rays, quarter-sawing puts them on the face of the board. This ray pattern has made quarter sawn wood especially desirable for furniture and decorative panelling’ At Furniture Importers we do not regard this natural blemish as a fault & hope you don’t either. Consequently we do not exchange or refund goods as a result of these markings.
2) Knots in the wood & minor use of wood filler (often used to fill knots ensuing a more even finish), both are common in handcrafted furniture.
3) Small/minor splits appearing over time, it’s a natural product and can move.
4) Different shades of wood grain in the same item, although we do ask our manufacturers to minimise this as much as possible.
5) Occasionally a drawer or door may stick. Wood expands and contracts dependant on the climate, generally the issue will stop once it is settled in its permanent room of choice. If a drawer is sticking after acclimatising for say 2 weeks please try putting some wax (such as the type we sell) on the runners and drawer sides or try sanding lightly with a fine sandpaper. You could also try swapping the drawers.
6) Minor differences in spacing around doors and drawers, again, the products are handmade so on rare occasions this may occur. For example, one door expands slightly, the other contracts, a different spacing appears
Website Conditions of Use
1) Our Terms & conditions. These are a contract between us and you.
2) Copyright material appears on the Site which is our property or the property of our content and technology providers. We do not give permission for you to re-publish, alter, transmit or otherwise copy any material on the Site but you may download information from the site for your own personal use. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under Copyright Law, no copying, re-distribution, re-transmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission and that of the Copyright owner. For permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3) We will not be liable to you for any consequential loss, loss of profit, revenue or goodwill arising from your use of the site or information on the site. Subject as provided below, all terms implied by Law are excluded, caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or directors and also for fraudulent misrepresentation caused by us, our employees, agents or directors.
4) You agree that English Law shall apply to these terms and to submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts if a dispute arises. Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right. We aim to ensure our site complies with English Law but not necessarily laws of any other country.
5) Any formal, legal notices should be sent to us by e-mail email@example.com & confirmed by post; Stylish Homes, Unit 2 Christopher Court, Watnall Road,Hucknall,Nottingham,NG15 6EP.